You will need a good internet connection & an electronic device e.g ipad, Phone, tablet, laptop or computer. The more space you have to move in, the better.
PRACTICE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
• Hydrate before, during and after class
• ALWAYS do a proper warm up
• Execute proper technique
• Never attempt a move beyond your level
ADJUST TO THE SPACE
• Make sure you have enough space - with parents permission to move around the furniture to adjust
• Dance on a safe surface - avoid cement and slippery surfaces/rugs
• If a move has too much impact or you don’t have room to execute properly - safely “mark” the move.
PRACTICE INTERNET SAFETY
• Always make sure you have parents permission
• Never share your videos or photos without parental permission and never to those you don’t know
• Never enter into a live class or chatroom without your parents permission and guidance
PARENTS/ADULT STUDENTS BEFORE CLASS
DOWNLOAD THE APP MAKE AN ACCOUNT
If you don’t have an account the zoom links won’t work. So please make sure you have made an account and signed in prior to joining the meeting. Be sure to use your name or your childs name when Zoom asks for it, we will not allow any unknown names into the meeting.
PLAN YOUR SET UP
Please ensure you have set up your space and device prior to class commencement and in a way that your teacher will be able to see you when your video is on.
DON’T BE LATE TO CLASS
Same rules apply for online don’t be late!
If you are late be prepared to be left in the waiting room.
Take this opportunity to have fun and enjoy what our modern technology is able to accomplish.
By joining any of the Zoom Meetings BDA provide you are acknowledging and agreeing that:
1) Your child has gained your permission to be online.
2) You will ensure that your child is wearing appropriate clothing that is suitable for dance and in no way revealing.
3) That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available you will commit to keeping the door open and/or you or another adult will stay present for the class.
4) The sharing of this invitation and password is strictly forbidden.
5) Your child participates in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that dance is likened to sport and, although rare, injury may occur. Bundaberg Dance Academy will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur to your child during dance class.
6) These zoom meetings are being closely monitored by the studio’s staff and have strict safety platforms built in.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
(Parents please ensure your child fully understands these requirements)
1) Though your teacher may be able to see you, it is not the same as a live, in studio class. You will have to take more responsibility than usual for the safety of your space and of your movements.
2) Please make sure you have at least two metres clear space around you, that the floor is clear of any objects or spills, and the surface is appropriate to dance on.
3) Try to set up your screen so that it is at, or close to, eye height, and near enough to see the teacher clearly. Ensure you have the volume set high so that you can hear the instructions. If possible be lit from in front rather than behind, e.g. close curtains if dancing in front of a window. Make sure your device isn’t in danger of being knocked.
4) Your sound will be off when you join. You will be able to hear your teachers but they will not be able to hear you. Your teachers will decide when to bring your sound on if necessary. If you have a question please raise your hand until you are noticed on the screen.
5) Wear appropriate clothing.
6) Have a full bottle of water close by.
7) If an exercise or action causes sharp or sudden pain, stop immediately, apply first aid or seek help from your parents. Advise your teacher as soon as possible. Because of the online format your actions are unsupervised by your teacher so please make your own judgements, as you know your own body better than anyone.
8) Have any pets or young siblings in another space to avoid sudden tripping hazards. Please note that the material in this video is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden.
Please make payment to the following account by Wednesday May 6th.
Account Name: Bundaberg Dance Academy
BSB: 064 000
Account No: 1318 1368
Reference: Students full name
$40 in total for each registering student.